Martin Strand has been appointed board member of SKOL. SKOL is a professional and employers’ organization for independent and private consulting companies. SKOL has a membership of 215 consulting engineering and architect firms. The member companies employ about 13 600 people in Finland and their foreign subsidiaries employ some 5 000 people abroad. Martin will be the board member in SKOL during 2013-2014.
“I see the position as a great opportunity to influence the industry, gain and learn from other partners in SKOL. I think it is important to be active and to put Citec on the industry map also in this respect”, says Martin.
SKOL aims to promote professional and independent consulting engineering, to improve the preconditions of consulting and to watch the interests of the members both in Finland and abroad. The principal goal is to guarantee a high quality as well as to develop efficiency, profitability and solidity. The association highlights the quality as the main criterion in the selection of the consultant.
The strategic themes in SKOL action programme for 2011-2013 are:
- SKOL members have competent, well-educated and devoloping resources.
- The SKOL sector is visible, appreciated and has a good image.
- Consulting engineering markets are functional, and competition is fair.
- Labour markets and conditions are flexible and encouraging.
- SKOL-member companies are competitive, progressive and profitable.